Hair Transplant Excessive or Unwanted Hair
 
Excessive or Unwanted Hair
Excessive or Unwanted Hair

About normal hair growth

Hair grows in cycles that normally last two to six years. About 90% of the hair on your scalp are actively growing at any one time, and each hair grows approximately one centimeter per month during this phase. The other 10% of the hair on your scalp is in a resting phase that lasts two to three months before falling out. After a hair is shed, a new hair from the same follicle replaces it and the growing cycle begins again.

Under normal circumstances, as much as 50-100 hairs are shed per day as part of the cycle, and should not be cause for alarm.

If you have a problem with unwanted hair growth, one of our dermatologists can evaluate your problem and determine the best treatment suitable for you.