- Acne Scar
- Aging Hands
- Body Contouring
- Droopy Eyelids
- Excessive or Unwanted Hair
- Hollow Cheeks
- Losing Firmness
- Mature Neck
- Short Chin
- Square Face
- Sun-Damaged Skin
- Thinning Lips
Dermal Fillers (Restylane / Q-med and Juvederm)
Dermal fillers restore lost volume, reduce wrinkles and improve skin texture. Treatment involves the precise injection of a gel substance into the skin to enhance facial features including lips, nose, chin and cheeks. At Skincentral, we use hyaluronic acid gels such as Restylane and Juvederm because they have the best safety profile, and effects can be reversed.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar molecule that hydrates the skin and supports its normal biologic functions. Naturally occurring, hyaluronic acid in the body is gradually lost due to sun exposure, hormonal changes and aging. As a result, skin begins to lose hyaluronic acid and collagen, resulting in fine lines, wrinkles and loss of fullness and elasticity.
Natural hyaluronic acid is quickly turned over by the body. However, hyaluronic acid gel used for cosmetic injections, is formulated to last longer by "cross-linking" the gel molecules. The gel will be naturally metabolized by the body into water after around 6-18 months (depending on the type of hyaluronic acid gel, and the metabolic rate of the individual).
Hyaluronic acid gel can also be quickly degraded by the injection of the enzyme hyaluronidase. This makes hyaluronic acid gel even safer as a dermal filler, as any inadvertent, unfavourable cosmetic results can be quickly reversed.
There are several hyaluronic gel products with different particle sizes and consistency, to optimize the outcome for different conditions. The Restylane / Q-med range includes Restylane, Perlane, Sub-Q, and Vital, and the Juvederm range includes Ultra, Ultra Plus, Ultra 4, and Voluma. Most have a local anaesthetic incorporated in the gel to make the treatment more comfortable. Our doctor will choose the one(s) most suitable for you.
What can Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers do?
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers can be used for:
Rejuvenating facial contours - reversing the hollows and furrows that come with age:
- Tired looking eyes, due to hollowness under eyes.
- Furrows around the nose (nasolabial folds) due to sagging of cheeks.
- Marionette lines ('puppet lines') running down from the corners of the mouth.
- Hollow Cheeks and temples, which make the face look gaunt.
Improving firmness and skin texture:
- Apart from filling up hollows and furrows by a special "intradermal" injecting technique, skin hydration and collagen production can both be improved.
- The results are very natural looking, as small volumes ('threads') are put in during each injection – preventing an unnatural puffed up look.
- The results are long lasting - improvement outlasts the duration of the filler material itself as collagen production sets in.
- This procedure is especially good for lifting cheeks, improving lower cheek lines ('bracket lines' around the mouth), nasolabial folds and Marrionette lines.
- Skin firmness around the neck and hands is improved.
Enhancing / augmenting facial features:
Filling up wrinkles and depressed scars
- The procedure can fill up lines on forehead, around mouth or on the neck.
- It does not affect muscle movement (as in the case of botulinum toxin injection), so will not alter facial expression.
About the Procedure
The procedure is quick, usually taking 5 - 30 minutes, depending on the site and extent of treatment area.
Comfort levels have been improved with the newer filler products, which incorporate local anaesthetics. However, the application of numbing cream prior to the treatment is still recommended in most cases, and the lip area may also require a local anesthetic injection.
After the Treatment
You will see an immediate improvement in treatment areas. Depending on the location of the filler injections and the type of filler used, some redness, swelling and tenderness may occur. These side effects typically resolve themselves spontaneously, anywhere between a few days and up to a week after each treatment. Bruising is also possible and can take up to two weeks to subside. If you are taking aspirin or any other similar medication, be aware these may increase bruising and bleeding at the filler injection site.
*Please note that results may vary among individuals.
- AHA (Glycolic Acid) Rejuvenation
- Bella Contour
- Biopsy / Skin Surgery
- Botox for wrinkles
- Botox for excessive sweating
- Dermal Fillers (Restylane / Juvederm)
- Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT)
- Fractional Lasers
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Facial
- Mole Screening
- Pigment Laser Treatment
- Restylane Vital Hydrorejuvenation
- Scarlet ® RF
- Silhouette Soft®
- Ultherapy (HIFU)
- Vascular Laser Treatment
- What is Hair Loss?
- Medical Therapy
- Hair Transplant
- ARTAS Robotics for Hair Transplant
- ARTAS Results at Skincentral
- Other Causes of Excessive Hair Loss